Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Morning Fellow Scrapper!


Come and join the new challenge at Sketches in thyme,
and  have a chance to be their Guest Maven. 

Here is another challenge from Sketches in Thyme Challenge #84. 

I was struggling to make a masculine layouts for my hubby and son and avoiding the use  of flowers ,  Before I can start it takes me some time to think what materials  and embellishment to use. So this is my new layout with the photos of my Hubby titled "BIG CATCH", I used different materials on my layout like abaca cloth, paper twine, shell, gauze, sand, AC white textured cardstock, Recollections PPs (all season) and cutout from old birthday card. I am also pleased with the results  and I liked it.Looking forward for their sketch #85 



And here's my interpretation of the Sketch


BIG CATCH

Sketch #84
Left side - I used Tim Holtz mask ( Compass), paper twine, sea shells corrugated paper, gauze and the fish got it from an old greeting card I cut it circle using my spellbinder die, Gesso and distress ink ( scattered staw and frayed burlap).
Right side - Used Abaca Cloth , safety pin , the title "BIG CATCH" ( Iused gesso and sand), clock cutout from DCWV (heirloom stack).


GOD Bless!

1 comment:

Rene Sharp said...

Hey Catt, thanks so very much for the lovely comment on my blog :) I absolutely adore your layout, it has a great feel to it, and so well photographed too. Have a wonderful day. Smiles, Rene' :)